Lip Ink crossed the paths of the Caviar Crew and we were immediately intrigued by its promise. Smear-proof lipstick? Really?
Bring it on.
In a perfect pairing, we recruited Caviar Ambassador Xriss as our lipstick tester. Not only does she do amazing makeup on herself, we figured it would be good to get feedback from a singer who often finds her microphone (and subsequently, other parts of her face) smeared with lipstick after a performance.
So, we got Xriss to pick a colour (Fuchsia), which we’re sure was no easy feat considering they have a range of over 70, and waited for the Mini Lip Kit to arrive.
Watch Xriss’s 24-hour challenge above, which we smushed down into a 3.5 minute video to see how it lasted. Below are some of her thoughts post-challenge, as well as a little bit of background on Lip Ink.
About LIP INK
Lip Ink is a feel-good brand that makes its products in the USA using organic, kosher, vegan, and organic botanical ingredients. That also makes it a cruelty-free brand, which is always a bonus. If you’re conscious about chemicals and prefer to use beauty-without-cruelty products, then this is a brand that you might want to look into!
In addition to the lipstick, they also have smear-proof products for eyes, lashes, brows, lip moisturisers, fragrances, and even pet products.
Key Points About Lip Ink’s Smear-Proof Lipstick
- Although it’s a 3-product process, the application is relatively easy. Just make sure to read the directions beforehand so you know which product is used when.
- Lip Ink does warn you that there will be a tingly sensation when you apply the products but it might still catch you by surprise. If you have particularly sensitive skin, it might be best to do a tiny test patch first.
- It definitely lived up to its promises of being smear-proof. After a night of drinking and dancing, Xriss fell asleep in full makeup and awoke to the colour still being on her lips (and not her pillowcase). It also stuck around after she washed her face, brushed her teeth, and ran some errands.
- As a singer, Xriss’s lips often brush up against the mic, especially when going for the low, quiet notes. Regular lipstick tends to transfer from her lips to the mic and over the course of the performance, migrate from the mic to other parts of her face, like the tip of her nose. Although she didn’t test it out while singing this time around, Xriss is pretty certain that Lip Ink’s smear-proof staying power would definitely be a plus in this scenario.
- It has a very strong smell that might be off-putting to those sensitive to fragrances. This is why Xriss would hesitate to use it again. It’s not bad, just strong, so if you’re the type of person who avoids using fragranced beauty products, this might not be for you.
- This stuff will stain! Remember, it’s a liquid so when opening the lip colour tube, be careful about splatters. Wear dark clothing if you’re clumsy and perhaps have a dark towel handy to quickly wipe up any bits of lip colour that escape from the tube.
The Caviar Spoon was sent the product to review but opinions are most definitely our own!